The Marlborough, Mass.-based company reported profits of $290 million, or 21¢ per share, on sales of $2.16 billion for the 3 months ended March 31, for a bottom-line gain of 43.6% on sales growth of 10.0% compared with Q1 2016. Adjusted to exclude 1-time items, earnings per share came in a penny below The Street at 29¢. Analysts were looking for sales of $2.08 billion.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- FDA revises label on opioid cold meds to limit pediatric use
- Dexcom, UnitedHealth team up for wearable glucose management pilot program
- Endo Pharmaceuticals hit with subpoena over opioid products
- Medtronic touts therapy delivered via SynchroMed pump in patients with post-stroke spasticity
- Cordis, Medinol tout first commercial implants of Elunir drug-eluting stent in U.S.