The closed-loop insulin pump system is indicated for treating Type 1 diabetes in people aged 70 to 80 years old. It uses Medtronic’s SmartGuard algorithm to automate the delivery of basal insulin and correction boluses every five minutes.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Abbott: Real-world data indicates GLP-1s could be accelerator for FreeStyle Libre
- Satio wins $3.5M contract to develop at-home transdermal drug delivery device
- Know Labs prices $7M public offering
- Senseonics completes 365-day CGM study cohort
- Dexcom, RxFood partner on AI-based nutrition, glucose monitoring for diabetes management
About Sean Whooley
Sean Whooley is an associate editor who mainly produces work for MassDevice, Medical Design & Outsourcing and Drug Delivery Business News. He received a bachelor's degree in multiplatform journalism from the University of Maryland, College Park. You can connect with him on LinkedIn or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.