The closed-loop insulin pump system is indicated for treating Type 1 diabetes in people aged 70 to 80 years old. It uses Medtronic’s SmartGuard algorithm to automate the delivery of basal insulin and correction boluses every five minutes.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Teva launches connected inhaler for asthma, COPD
- Medtronic, Tandem Diabetes Care bury the hatchet on potential IP disputes
- MIT researchers think they’ve found a way to get more particles through a syringe
- U.S. investing $42m to boost BD syringe and needle production
- Thermo Fisher projects 10% increase in Q2 sales