The closed-loop insulin pump system is indicated for treating Type 1 diabetes in people aged 70 to 80 years old. It uses Medtronic’s SmartGuard algorithm to automate the delivery of basal insulin and correction boluses every five minutes.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Know Labs to raise up to $12M for non-invasive CGM tech
- Vivani prices $15M offering to support long-term drug delivery implant
- FDA approves Boston Scientific’s Agent drug coated balloon
- FDA submission for 365-day CGM from Senseonics is ‘imminent’
- Vivani has positive data for long-term drug-eluting weight loss implant as it shifts strategy
About Sean Whooley
Sean Whooley is an associate editor who mainly produces work for MassDevice, Medical Design & Outsourcing and Drug Delivery Business News. He received a bachelor's degree in multiplatform journalism from the University of Maryland, College Park. You can connect with him on LinkedIn or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.