The closed-loop insulin pump system is indicated for treating Type 1 diabetes in people aged 70 to 80 years old. It uses Medtronic’s SmartGuard algorithm to automate the delivery of basal insulin and correction boluses every five minutes.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Tandem Diabetes Care delivers 1 million insulin boluses using t:connect mobile app
- Nuvo, Sheba Medical Center develop AI-powered gestational diabetes management platform
- Verily’s Onduo, Sword Health collaborate on virtual diabetes care
- Shareholder lawsuit over BD’s Alaris pumps recall moves forward
- Embecta stock soars on first full-quarter results after BD spinoff