The cut to its earnings guidance is due to “recent regulatory and market pressures related to paclitaxel-coated devices,” Franklin Lakes, N.J.-based BD said. In March, the FDA warned on the risk of increased long-term mortality in peripheral artery disease patients treated with paclitaxel-coated devices like the Lutonix balloon BD acquired along with C.R. Bard in December 2017.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Health Canada implements electronic medical device clinical trial data submission
- Insulet down after hours on Q4 sales beat, bottom-line slide
- BD warns on some ambulatory syringe pumps
- Meridian Medical Technologies recalls EpiPen and EpiPen Jr auto-injectors
- Insulet partners with Abbott and Dexcom on automated insulin delivery