The cut to its earnings guidance is due to “recent regulatory and market pressures related to paclitaxel-coated devices,” Franklin Lakes, N.J.-based BD said. In March, the FDA warned on the risk of increased long-term mortality in peripheral artery disease patients treated with paclitaxel-coated devices like the Lutonix balloon BD acquired along with C.R. Bard in December 2017.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Owlstone Medical partners with Thermo Fisher Scientific for breath biopsies
- Eitan Group launches preventative maintenance servicing tool for Sapphire infusion pumps
- Ocular Therapeutix dips on Q3 losses
- InCarda Therapeutics raises $35 million
- Indian CDSCO announces medical device, IVD regulatory updates