The cut to its earnings guidance is due to “recent regulatory and market pressures related to paclitaxel-coated devices,” Franklin Lakes, N.J.-based BD said. In March, the FDA warned on the risk of increased long-term mortality in peripheral artery disease patients treated with paclitaxel-coated devices like the Lutonix balloon BD acquired along with C.R. Bard in December 2017.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Pulmatrix completes patient dosing for inhaled migraine treatment
- Better Therapeutics submits FDA de novo request for type 2 diabetes treatment
- JDRF launches Type 1 Diabetes Index simulation tool
- FDA approves Medtronic drug-eluting stents for treating bifurcation lesions
- Study backs automated insulin delivery system from Diabeloop