Kirk Bledsoe sued Medtronic in Indiana state court in 2017 after the company’s Synchromed II pain pump, which Bledsoe had implanted in 2011, failed on two occasions and had to be removed. Bledsoe claimed the pump had design and manufacturing defects and that Medtronic failed to notify him that the pump had been recalled 10 times between March 2008 and March 2017, even though Medtronic representatives were present on two occasions when Bledsoe was examined.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Health Canada implements electronic medical device clinical trial data submission
- Insulet down after hours on Q4 sales beat, bottom-line slide
- BD warns on some ambulatory syringe pumps
- Meridian Medical Technologies recalls EpiPen and EpiPen Jr auto-injectors
- Insulet partners with Abbott and Dexcom on automated insulin delivery