Kirk Bledsoe sued Medtronic in Indiana state court in 2017 after the company’s Synchromed II pain pump, which Bledsoe had implanted in 2011, failed on two occasions and had to be removed. Bledsoe claimed the pump had design and manufacturing defects and that Medtronic failed to notify him that the pump had been recalled 10 times between March 2008 and March 2017, even though Medtronic representatives were present on two occasions when Bledsoe was examined.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Medtronic launches data management software program for Synchromed II
- Supporting regulatory affairs departments to address clinical requirements under new MDR
- FDA recognizes latest ISO 14971 as medical device consensus standard
- Tandem Diabetes Care launches t:slim X2 with Control-IQ in U.S.
- Neurelis wins FDA approval for seizure rescue nasal spray