For Acton, Mass.–based Insulet, the agreements are a boost for its next-generation Omnipod Horizon automated insulin delivery system, which is presently an investigational device in the United States. The idea of an “artificial pancreas” — using continuous glucose monitor data to automate insulin delivery — has been a holy grail of sorts when it comes to diabetes treatment.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- BREAKING: Thermo Fisher drops bid for Qiagen
- Medtronic to acquire Companion Medical, expands diabetes business
- Report: Will Dr. Hahn crack under political pressure?
- Monarch Medical Technologies appoints diabetes tech veteran as new CEO
- 3M lays off another 1,700 workers, many related to former drug delivery business