(Press release) – International Pharmaceutical Expo (INTERPHEX), the premier event dedicated to pharmaceutical and biotechnology innovation, technology, and knowledge from development through commercialization and sponsored by the Parenteral Drug Association (PDA), has announced the winners for the INTERPHEX Exhibitor Awards for 2017.
Nemera was recognized for the ‘Editor’s choice’ for Safelia.
Safelia is an innovative autoinjector for prefilled syringes, available for 1 and 2.25 m sizes, suitable for large volume and high viscosity delivery through thinner needles. Safelia can mechanically “tune” the injection thanks to design adjustments. It has been designed to ease patients’ self-injection experience and to deliver the most challenging drugs, in subcutaneous or intramuscular layers.
“There is no limit to Nemera’s ambition to serve patients. We already market devices in over 40 countries for millions of users. We’ll keep investing in new products and in state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment, to help even more patients with high quality devices all over the world,” Marc Hamel, CEO, said.
Key benefits of Safelia:
• No initial injection peak
• Constant delivery flow
• Adjustable needle insertion speed
• Needle insertion disconnected from injection
• Automatic needle retraction
• Possibility to have thinner needles
• Syringe is held encapsulated through the barrel
• Syringe front housing
• No stress on the syringe flange
• Possibility to inject very viscous drugs
Safelia will also be shown at next events we will attend:
• SMI PFS East Coast, April 26-27, Boston, MA, US
• FCE Pharma, May 23-25, Sao Paulo, Brazil
• SMI PFS West Coast, June 6-7, San Diego, CA, US
• CPhI China, June 20-22, Shanghai, China
• CPhI WorldWide, October 24-26, Frankfurt, Germany
• PDA Prefilled syringes and Injection devices, November 7-8, Vienna, Austria
• CPhI India, November 28-30, Bombay, India
To win an INTERPHEX Exhibitor Award, the exhibit/booth must excel in each criterion, rise above competitors, and clearly reflect excellence in pharma and biopharma development and manufacturing.
The judges evaluated each submitting exhibitors booth based on the following criteria:
• Overall Appeal/Experience (Design)
• Knowledge (Content)
• Product/Service Innovation
• New Technologies or Novel Implementation of Existing Technologies
• Advances in Features and Performance
• Development of Novel Technologies
• Novel Implementation of Existing Technologies
• Advances in Services Provision
• Significant New Services Additions
• Showcasing of Technical Knowledge
The judges on this year’s Exhibitor Awards panel were:
• Meg Snyder, Editor at Pharmaceutical Processing
• David Hall, Vice President of Sales at Parenteral Drug Association (PDA)
• Barry Holtz, Principal at Holtz Biopharma Consulting
• Eric Jayjock, PhD, Director of Continuous Manufacturing at Patheon
• Christa Myers, Associate, Lead Process Engineer at CRB
• Gil Roth, Founder and President of the Pharma & Biopharma Outsourcing Association
• Matthew VonEsch, Senior Director Manufacturing at Exelead
Materials in this report were provided by Nemera.