Whether developing a new drug or medical device, designing and running clinical trials can be daunting. How drugs and devices are developed differ dramatically. Study design and regulatory pathways differ; requirements for study sites, end users, training, endpoints and follow up are all variables. This paper examines the key differences and how those impact clinical development with a focus on the US regulatory environment.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Tandem stock dips after hours on Q4 misses, 10% growth expected in 2024
- Narcan nasal spray maker Emergent BioSolutions has a new CEO
- ICU Medical’s Smiths Medical has a major syringe pump recall
- Enable Injections to expand manufacturing facility to support drug delivery device production
- Tandem Diabetes Care launches Mobi mini automated insulin patch pump