Whether developing a new drug or medical device, designing and running clinical trials can be daunting. How drugs and devices are developed differ dramatically. Study design and regulatory pathways differ; requirements for study sites, end users, training, endpoints and follow up are all variables. This paper examines the key differences and how those impact clinical development with a focus on the US regulatory environment.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Pulmatrix completes patient dosing for inhaled migraine treatment
- Better Therapeutics submits FDA de novo request for type 2 diabetes treatment
- JDRF launches Type 1 Diabetes Index simulation tool
- FDA approves Medtronic drug-eluting stents for treating bifurcation lesions
- Study backs automated insulin delivery system from Diabeloop